Oliver is a green Great Western tank engine.
- Oliver with Branch Line Coaches (Plarail, Tomica World, Thomas Motor Road and Rail, TrackMaster [Tomy])
- A prototype Oliver features a different face and an unpainted cab doorway.
- Oliver has black wheels, which he happens to have in the Railway Series.
- Oliver, along with Etienne, are the only engines never to be released in the US.
- Oliver's side-rods are mounted between the first and second wheels. It, along with Stephen, are the only engines to have this feature.
- Despite his traction rods being connected to his first and second wheels, Oliver's drive wheels have holes in them. It is likely that Oliver was intended to have the side-rods connected to his drive wheels, but were instead mounted to his middle wheels to look more accurate to the actual character.
- Oliver’s model has his eyes googly, unlike most TrackMaster engines.