Edward is a blue tender engine.
- Tomy Trains (1994-98 - UK/US):
- Moves forwards and backwards, cab section with driver figure, seperately coupled tender, magnetic couplings.
- Plarail/Tomica World/Motor Road and Rail/TrackMaster by HiT Toy Company (1996-2002 - Japan; 2001-2009 - UK/US):
- Moves only forwards, power in tender, hook and loop couplings.
- Plarail (2003-present - Japan):
- Updated face, stripes around the boiler, white running board.
- TrackMaster by Fisher-Price (2009-2012 - UK/US):
- Updated face, stripes around the boiler, different sticker details.
- TrackMaster by Fisher-Price (2012-2014 - UK/US):
- CGI styled face, new body and motor design, separately coupled tender, four operating wheels on engine instead of eight.
- TrackMaster (Revolution) by Fisher-Price (2014-present):
- Redesigned body with no middle wheel, new wheel rubber, smaller tender, and motor with enhanced performance.
- Edward with Troublesome Truck and Troublesome Van (Plarail, Tomica World, Motor Road and Rail, TrackMaster [HiT Toy Company]
- Edward with four straight track pieces (Motor Road and Rail [US])
- Edward with two half straight track pieces (TrackMaster [HiT Toy Company])
- Edward (Tomy Trains, Motor Road and Rail [US], TrackMaster)
- Talking Edward (Plarail, TrackMaster [Fisher-Price])
- Glow in the Dark Edward (TrackMaster [Revolution])
- The prototype TrackMaster (Revolution) Edward shows him with no painted front wheels, as well as painted buffers.
- The Trackmaster (Revolution) Edward has his side rods starting in the second row of the pilot wheels, thus making the side rods longer than previous models, and also making it inaccurate.